The Official Trailer for Madden 23 debuted today on YouTube and highlighted some of the changes we can expect with next year's game! The main focus of the trailer is on a new gameplay mechanic called "FieldSense". Check out the trailer below and continue reading for additional information:
What is FieldSENSE?
The new FieldSENSE system in Madden NFL 23 is EA's next step in pursuit of delivering the most authentic playing experience possible. FieldSENSE is only available on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
- Improved Hit-Stick physics now allow for better mid-air knockouts, assisting the pile with tackles already in progress, blowing up blocks, and forcing turnovers during stand-up tackle situations.
- A new Skill-Based Passing mechanic allows for more precise throws when leading your target, throwing to a receiver's back shoulder, and fitting the ball into tight windows, all thanks to a new accuracy reticle and passing meter.
- Ballcarrier movement now allows for 360 degree cuts, giving you more freedom to hit gaps in the open field.
- New wide receiver release moves and defensive back counter press mechanics will make those 1v1 battles a bit more interesting.
A few updates to Franchise were mentioned in the Welcome to Madden 23 article, including:
- New athlete motivations like team location and salary demands have been added
- New player tags that will affect offseason activity and player progression
- Updated Trade Logic AI
- Refined scouting, staff management, and weekly strategy features
Face of the Franchise: The League
In this version of Face of the Franchise, users start with a player in their fifth NFL season working on a "prove-it" contract. Choose your position (QB, WR, RB, CB, or MLB) and complete New Drive Goals, weekly activities, and training while Ratings Adjustor Chad Johnson helps guide your career.
Madden Ultimate Team
A couple of updates to MUT were mentioned in the Gridiron Notes, including:
- Field Pass challenge and reward tracker
- Simplified Set building allows for easier binder navigation
The Yard makes its return to M23 and according to the Gridiron Notes, it's now a 6v6 game mode that is fully integrated into Face of the Franchise.
Superstar KO also returns for M23, though no new features were highlighted in the Gridiron Notes released today.
What are your thoughts on FieldSENSE and the updates revealed for Madden NFL 23 so far?