You're spot on regarding the impact of taking away the Power Ups, especially for us Theme Teamers.  So I'm a Packers TT guy, and a NMS player (who benefits from EA Play Pro points though).  For example, I worked hard to get Rodgers' Core Elite card at launch, and same with Jaire.  The minute they got higher level program cards, their Core Elites were essentially useless.  In the PU world, they kept their value as steps along the PU path.  

Look, I'm haven't forgotten how the PUs were a coin sink in many cases, but they created a team building experience that was richer than the one we experienced in M23.  Look how activated the community got with the Theme Team Remix concept late in the season - that should be done earlier in the year, and maybe even mixed with the Team Affinity concept.

I'd take Power-Ups as in 22, over no Power-Ups at all but last year's version was a bit of a mess. I'm a Raider's TT and some PU's just stopped in the mid 90's or worse? I mean, WHYY!?!? Surely all PU's should eventually go to 99 but a whole load of Raiders players didn't. C Nick Martin stopped at 89? Why even bother?? It was maddening.