Heh, this is an extremely common misconception -- that somehow the people in positions of power are the best and brightest among us.  I used to think that way, as well.  I mean, we all hope that there's some big brains steering the sheep and they have their priorities in order and understand how to run a Fortune 500 corporation.  /sigh

Sadly, this is simply not the case in my experience.  Typically short-term profits are prioritized over everything else, which is how we wind up in this unfortunate position.  I'd love to be wrong here, but to think this dude has any clue about the broad video game market trends is giving him far too much credit, IMO.  I'm convinced these chumps saw the COVID era numbers when people were literally trapped indoors all the time and used that to forecast out 5-10 years, or more.  Spending is trending in the opposite direction, i'm not sure we'll have more video game consumers than during peak-COVID.

To be clear - I think he’s a rat bastard, and I don’t think CEO’s are generally any smarter than anyone else. But I do usually believe that they have better info on market trends than we do, which makes sense because you certainly know more about your job than he knows about your job