my thoughts on the games, feel free to comment yours

Ravens vs Texans- not much to say about this one, thought maybe lamar's bad playoff record would continue but that was shut down about halfway through the 3rd quarter.

Packers vs 49ers- way closer than i thought it would be, and a lot of people will point at carlson's missed kick that would have put the packers up 7 points but i dont think thats why the packers lost or that he should be directly blamed for the loss. he's a rookie kicker who had the worst field goal percentage in the nfl in the regular season and in a huge pressure situation he couldn't convert. even without making this kick i think the packers could move on from him next year. i would point to the final drive of the game when love throws it across his body for the int. still, packers accomplished a lot this season and are extremely young.

Lions vs Buccaneers- a little close for the lions and baker pretty much did everything he could. the interception to end the game was bad but i dont see a world where they would have tied it there with how much momentum the lions had and the pressure the dline was constantly applying on baker mayfield. i would have liked to see the lions win a little more dominantly if they are going to compete with the 49ers on the road, but at the same time the 49ers were neck and neck with the packers at home. i could see baker mayfield returning for another year but i dont think this team is really getting anywhere. they are too old without a super bowl caliber quarterback. depending on what the rest of the NFC south does, i think this team could just blow itself up and get rid of all of the expensive and older players and just have a fresh start. 

Chiefs vs Bills- the bills were in control of this game for 57 minutes. josh allen was playing the best football of his career all game until they left it to the leg of tyler bass. the play it went wrong was second down before the last kick. 2nd and 9, diggs is wide open across the field for an easy first down, just a checkdown and instead they go deep to the end zone and miss the throw. making it 3rd down. if they go to diggs on this play they can go down in bounds, take some shots at the endzone possibly, and worst case scenario they tie the game from a very short distance after running the clock down and sent it to overtime. and even if bass makes the game tying field goal, you give the ball the best quarterback in the nfl with a minute and 30 seconds to get just a field goal. going for the endzone on that second down cost them the game, in my opinion. i think if that game goes to overtime, buffalo wins it with their home crowd and the ability of josh allen. and a final note, i dont think that tyler bass will be cut just because of that, he has been very reliable for this team and there just arent many better kickers you can get especially in buffalo.

and thats my rant, look for this next week when the lions lose in the most heart-shattering way and the super bowl is a 49ers chiefs matchup.