Apologies for the length of this, but where do I start.. (1st) the sets don't give you back a single card, even BND for the ones you spent to redeem it. Whilst in previous madden I recall getting at least one or two cards back each set. I'm not saying they have to be able to be sold again or like quicksold for base price, but when you're putting in 5 cards into each set it'd be nice to get at least one back that's BND

(2nd) the theme teams for each promo are to encourage players to buy every new promo that comes out to get the best team, which is only temporary. Along with this, in the superbowl promo EA had allowed you to buy two different packs, each containing a light it up token (1 past, 1 present) if that doesn't scream pay to win I don't know what doesn't.

(3rdly) The way we have all time x-factors, 50 bazillion discounted abilities for each player, it feels like EA wants to target the kids who don't know how to play actual real football, and instead focus on trying to recreate the magic in madden 20 by allowing every player to get a special ability that either makes or breaks them. It's promotes repetitiveness and punishes diversity, as it feels like you face the same cards every game due to their special abilities, instead of in previous times nearly facing a different team every game.